Programming for Microcontrollers with Qt (STMicroelectronics) – Online Training, May 25-26, 2021
Join a 2-day in-depth training course, to advance your technical skills and start programming user interfaces and applications for microcontrollers with Qt for MCUs on STM32. Qt for MCUs is a complete graphics framework and toolkit with everything you need to design, develop, and deploy GUIs/HMIs on MCUs.
Date: May 25-26, 2021
Duration: 4 hours per day
Time: 9 am-1pm Berlin, 3-7pm Beijing, 12:30-4:30 pm Bangalore including breaks.
Place: Online (Zoom meeting)
Price per participant: $399
Early Bird Pricing: $350 before April 20, 2021
Enroll by April 27, 2021 to reserve a seat!
During the training session, you'll learn the basics and get your hands-on programming with Qt for MCUs. The lecturer will introduce you to the Qt Quick Ultralite rendering engine, running on bare metal or FreeRTOS, with Ultralite Controls and an optimized subset of QML. This enables you to create smartphone-like user experiences on microcontrollers with the familiar Qt Creator IDE and other tools.
In two days, attendees will learn about:
- Qt for MCUs package content
- Building and running an application using the command line
- Qt for MCUs application build process
- CMake API
- Qt for MCUs specific components
- Configuring Qt Creator IDE
- Asset management
- Styling controls
- C++/QML integration
Live coding exercises will be included in the training, and you'll create your own Qt for MCUs application!
The reference target platforms used in the training will be the following STMicroelectronics microcontrollers:
- STM32L4R9I-EVAL & DISCO
Trainer: Marcin Lisowski, C++ /Embedded Software Engineer, Siili Auto Oy (Qt Premium Partner)
Highly motivated software engineer with 7 years of professional experience. Actively participating in international projects and working with multiple teams. Always trying to find the best way to satisfy all requirements keeping the best quality at the same time. Marcin likes to work in an experienced team and not afraid of new challenges. He is familiar with security sector in both mobile and desktop development. Read more about Marcin.
Specialties: C++11/14/17, STL, C#, Python
System Requirements and downloads:
- Windows 10 64-bit is currently the only operating system for development (support for Linux and macOS is planned)
- Qt for MCUs Evaluation Package 1.X. Please download Qt for MCUs and Qt Creator at www.qt.io/download, select 'Try Qt' on the download page.During the installation process, select 'Qt for MCUs Evaluation package 1.X' and 'Qt Creator 4.12.4.'
- CMake 3.17 (or higher): https://cmake.org/download
- MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools OR the corresponding 2017 version Windows 10 SDtheK: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
- Zoom application https://zoom.us/download
Please contact email@example.com for any questions or comments regarding the Qt for MCUs training sessions.
If you can't make this session, tailor-made courses for MCUs and other topics are available for you and your colleagues. Reach out to the Qt Training Team for inquires. Qt Professional Services also have a wide range of additional services available. Check out our complete offering here.
The event details may be subject to change.