Kuesa™ 3D Runtime
One part of Kuesa 3D Studio, a toolset that provides a unified workflow for designers and developers.
Kuesa™ 3D Runtime – a glTF2.0 importer for Qt 3D
Kuesa 3D Runtime is a stand-alone part of Kuesa 3D Studio, the complete design-to-code workflow solution for 3D in realtime applications. Kuesa 3D Runtime allows R&D Teams to easily evaluate and test existing designs in working code.
Building a full 3D engine on top of Qt 3D involves the non-trivial effort of turning 3D assets into a smoothly running and bug-free application. Kuesa 3D Runtime solves this problem by converting glTF2.0 files into Qt 3D assets.
All main 3D hosts like Blender, 3DS Max and Maya have a glTF2.0 exporter. A glTF2.0 file can be loaded into Kuesa 3D Runtime as easily as loading a JPEG. Currently Kuesa 3D is the only way to properly use glTF with Qt 3D and is mostly glTF2.0 compliant. Examples of glTF2.0 features supported are: skinned animations, PBR Material, Unlit Material, compressed meshes and Light extension.
Kuesa 3D Runtime Features
Under the hood, when you load a glTF2.0 file into Kuesa 3D Runtime, collections of Qt 3D elements are created automatically (e.g. entities, materials, etc). You can then retrieve and bind those objects of your 3D scene just like other QML elements. Also, you can either make 3D part of your UI, or better still, make 3D content created in Blender / 3DS Max part of your UI.
- Artists can work separately from developers – the artist doesn't need the developer’s build environment
- You can create complex interactive 3D apps easily on Desktop / ES3 ... even with complex features like the PBR material
- You retain full access to the code throughout the process
- You can apply post-processing effects: e.g. depth of field, bloom, blur, alpha masks, gamma correction, tone mapping
- A pre-made frame graph is included so you can use Kuesa Runtime straight out of the box