Training: Programming for Microcontrollers (STMicroelectronics) – On-demand
Join a 2-day in-depth training course, to advance your technical skills and start programming user interfaces and applications on STMicroelectronics microcontrollers*. Qt for MCUs is a complete graphics framework and toolkit with everything you need to design, develop, and deploy GUIs/HMIs on MCUs.
Place: Qt Marketplace
Price per participant: $289
What's inside: video, presentation slides, examples, code
Enroll by November 5, 2021 to take the course! This is a limited time offer made available until November 30, 2021, so please register early to get access to this hands-on training with 50/50 lecture and ‘live’ coding. Training materials include video, presentation slides, example, and code from Qt Professional Services. Sign up to learn how to create a touch screen coffee machine on MCUs in a day!
During the training session, you'll learn the basics and get your hands-on programming with Qt for MCUs. The lecturer will introduce you to the Qt Quick Ultralite rendering engine, running on bare metal or FreeRTOS, with Ultralite Controls and an optimized subset of QML. This enables you to create smartphone-like user experiences on microcontrollers with the familiar Qt Creator IDE and other tools.
In two days, attendees will learn about:
- Qt for MCUs package content
- Building and running an application using the command line
- Qt for MCUs application build process
- CMake API
- Qt for MCUs specific components
- Configuring Qt Creator IDE
- Asset management
- Styling controls
- C++/QML integration
Live coding exercises will be included in the training, and you'll create your own Qt for MCUs application!
*The reference target platforms used in the training will be the following STMicroelectronics microcontrollers:
System Requirements and downloads:
- See Installation Instructions
- Windows 10 64-bit is currently the only operating system for development (support for Linux and macOS is planned)
- Qt for MCUs Evaluation Package 1.X. Please download Qt for MCUs and Qt Creator at www.qt.io/download, select 'Try Qt' on the download page.During the installation process, select 'Qt for MCUs Evaluation package 1.X' and 'Qt Creator 4.12.4.'
- CMake 3.17 (or higher): https://cmake.org/download
- MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools OR the corresponding 2017 version Windows 10 SDtheK: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/. If challenges arise when building the applications, please check the following page for a fix: https://doc.qt.io/QtForMCUs/fixing-g13071fe-error.html.
- Browser for watching the video via Youtube
Please contact Qt for any questions or comments regarding the Qt product and premium support.
If you can't make this session, tailor-made courses for MCUs and other topics are available for you and your colleagues. Reach out to the Qt Training Team for inquires. Qt Professional Services also have a wide range of additional services available. Check out our complete offering here.